Ready Your Beach Sandals! This Routine Will Have You Flaunting Your Feet in No Time
Beach sandals are always in. Here’s how you can keep your feet ready for them all year round.
Having a footcare routine isn’t just about pampering massages and pedicures. It also involves keeping the skin on your feet healthy and free of infections that can be painful and potentially disastrous. But ultimately, you enjoy the benefit of having healthy feet and being able to flaunt them in sexy beach sandals. Here’s a simple routine, broken down into weekly and daily steps, to get your feet in shape.
Weekly Foot Pampering Routine
Our feet are so efficient at what they do that it’s easy to forget we literally use them every day. They keep us strong and stable when we exercise. They take us from point A to point B. They keep us from falling over when we’re standing! Being the underrated queens that they are, it’s only right to invest in weekly checkups and pampering treatments to keep them happy. Do these things once a week or every two weeks, depending on your tolerance to get your feet beach-sandals-ready.
• Trim your toenails. Any excess growth on the feet can make walking painful. Trim your nails once a week to keep them tidy as well as protect yourself from injuries (long nails can snag at household objects and tear off the nail bed). Avoid cutting them too short or taking too much off the sides to prevent ingrown nails.
• Buff any calluses. After washing your feet in warm water to soften the skin, use a clean pumice stone to gently buff calluses. Do not cut, slice, or peel them off since this may cause infection. Use light strokes to and avoid too much pressure to keep healthy tissues intact. Rinse well.
• Moisturize and seal. After drying your feet thoroughly, apply a moisturizing lotion all over the feet and give them a light massage. Then, coat your feet with a thin layer of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, which will act as an and seal the moisture for longer. Wear your favorite socks and put your feet up!
Daily Foot Care Habits
What we practice every day builds up. For consistently beach-sandals-ready feet, always do the following:
• Wash them thoroughly. Don’t just stand in the shower and let the suds from your body run through your toes — really wash them, especially if your feet are often exposed to dust and grime.
• Try to keep them dry. After washing, dry your feet completely before wearing socks or footwear to prevent fungal infections. If you have use a powder deodorant like Rexona 3-in-1 Deo Powder Peppermint Cool, which is suitable for the underarms, back, and feet. It has antiperspirant properties and peppermint extract that helps cool and protect from odor.
• Wear comfortable shoes. If you want to avoid calluses and blisters, enough tiis-ganda. The key is wearing comfortable shoes that suit the occasion or activity. Wear rubber shoes if you’re running, for example, not slippers. Wear them in the proper size to prevent sores.
Because beach sandals are always in season in the Philippines, make sure your feet are always ready for their closeup by maintaining a regular footcare routine.