Reap Muscular Endurance Benefits with These 6 Exercises
Can’t do more reps? Enjoy muscular endurance benefits when you do these 6 exercises.
Are reps kicking your butt during exercise? Don't worry, muscular endurance is something that most people must work on. While it may take weeks or even months to improve this aspect of your performance, doing so will deliver #gainz and not just literally. This article will discuss muscular endurance benefits and what you can train your muscles to be in it with you for the long haul.
What is Muscular Endurance?
Muscular endurance refers to your muscles’ . If measures how much weight one can carry or the amount of force you can exert, muscular endurance measures how many repetitions you can do. Apart from weight training and body composition exercises, long-distance running is also an example of an activity that requires muscular endurance.
Benefits of Muscular Endurance
The American Council of Exercise (ACE) lists the different benefits of muscular endurance. These benefits include the improvement of your posture and stability, especially if you sit or stand for long periods. It also enhances aerobic capacity, which is the body’s ability to deliver oxygen to working muscles.
Working on your muscular endurance will also develop your muscular strength, including how you conduct daily functions. It also promotes your performance in endurance sports, such as swimming and cycling.
How to Improve Muscular Endurance
You can improve your muscular endurance with exercise and lifestyle changes. The ACE recommends working on both the upper and lower body. Some ACE-approved exercises you can do at home without equipment include:
- Pushups (5-15 reps) - Pushups work several muscle groups, including the triceps, shoulders, and chest. If pushups are difficult for you, try planting your hands on a bench or any other stable surface, instead of the floor.
- Squats (5-10 reps) - Squats work the glutes, calves, quads, and core muscles. Make sure to stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with your toes slightly pointing outwards. If you’re a squats beginner, try doing it against the wall for support.
- Abdominal crunches (5-10 reps) - Working on your abdominal muscles helps keep your body stable and balanced. The key is to curl the body upwards as if peeling you’re peeling your back off the floor. Lie back down slowly and make sure you have a mat under your back.
- Pike crunches (5-10 reps) - A pike crunch is another version of an abdominal crunch. It's a good alternative if sit-ups aren’t your thing. Lift the legs and torso and reach your feet with your arms.
- Lunges (5-10 reps) - Work on your abs, buttocks, hips, and thighs with lunges. The key is to use your front leg to push back up to a standing position while keeping your torso straight.
- Planks (30 seconds) - Planks work on the core and back muscles. If you can’t do a plank with straight arms, resting on your forearms is fine. Do three 30-second planks with one-minute breaks in between.
The National Strength and Conditioning Association recommends completing at least three sets of an exercise to reap benefits.
On top of setting aside 20 to 30 minutes for exercise, you can add to your training by adjusting some of your daily habits. For example, take the stairs instead of the lift or walk to the grocery store instead of booking a ride. If you work from home, you can invest in a standing desk, which will help you burn more calories while working. A 2018 article in Harvard Health states that standing for an hour can burn 100 to 200 calories, whereas sitting only burns 60 to 130.
without distracting and confidence-busting body odor. We recommend using AXE Deo Bodyspray Black, a high-endurance deodorant that protects you with a fresh and irresistible scent for up to 48 hours. Think of it as the active man's body spray.
To stay cool while doing your reps, use a strong deodorant for men. Rexona Men Ice Cool Roll-on Antiperspirant Deodorant has MotionSense, which gives you icy cool protection the more you move.
For invisible protection and comfort, spray on Dove Men+Care Deodorant Spray Invisible Dry. This men's mild deo natural spray has a clinically proven non-irritating formula that provides odor and sweat protection for up to 48 hours. It also goes on instantly dry, for a fresher, cleaner feel.
Reap major muscular endurance benefits with regular training and some small sacrifices (like using the stairs!). Stick with your routine and, in no time, you’ll be doing more reps without getting too winded.