10 Blush Color Ideas for Every Skin Tone
There are many wonderful blush colors out there for every skin tone. Here, we list a few.
Your blush color can make or break your look. The right shade can give your face a healthy-looking glow. Choosing the right shade depends on and, most importantly, on your skin tone. The correct shade of blush should have similar undertones to your skin color to create a flattering makeup look and natural-looking . And to help you find it, here are some tips.
Morena Skin Tone
can have yellow and green undertones. Try rose shades and blush colors with gold tones to give the skin a natural-looking glow.
- Rose - Rose blush colors can give your complexion warmth, keeping it from looking sallow. It gives off a . If you use a light and dark shade of rose together, the darker shade can help contour and give your face dimension, while the lighter shade can act as a highlighter. Try a deep terra-cotta blush color to complement your beautiful kayumanggi skin.
- Bronze - A bronze shade adds brightness and warmth. It also looks completely natural—great for “no-makeup makeup” looks.
- Brick Red - Want something bold? Try brick red, a deep, brownish shade of red, and use it to contour your cheekbones.
- Tangerine - Another great blush color for morena skin is tangerine. Although it can look intense in its container, it gives just the right glow when applied. Bright orange works well on dark skin because it looks neutral and subtle.
Medium Skin Tone
Like morena skin, a medium complexion often has warm undertones. This skin tone looks terrific with peachy and rosy-pink blush colors.
• Apricot - Add warmth to a medium skin tone with an apricot blush color. It gives the apples of the cheeks a subtle color, but it can also sculpt your face if you want to. You can also pair your apricot blush with bold eyes or lips.
• Medium Pink - Medium pink doesn’t have too many white pigments, so it goes well with a medium complexion. If you want to brighten your face with a natural-looking blush, try a light raspberry shade.
Light Skin Tone
If you have , your skin most like has cool undertones. Try swaths of light peach, fresh pink, or berry tones when choosing blush colors.
- Baby Pink - Baby pink gives your face a subtle flush. It also looks natural because it’s often the color your cheeks turn to when you blush. It's great for a fresh, everyday look.
- Berry - Berry colors are perfect for fair skin because of their light undertones. You can also easily layer a berry-toned blush if you want a more intense look that can go from day to night.
- Peach - Peach is the most universally flattering blush color, especially if your complexion has yellow undertones. On fair skin, it looks like an enhanced natural flush.
- Plum - Want a dramatic evening look? Put on a plum blush. You can dab a little on the hollows of your cheeks for extra definition.
Inspired by the pink theme? Carry it into your self-care routine by using Dove Go Fresh Sakura Blossom Body Wash. This gives you 24-hour freshness with a floral scent and moisturization with romantic sakura extracts and Himalayan Pink Salt. You could also try Dove Pink Beauty Bar, which also softens the skin.
Choosing a blush color is all about going with what makes you feel most confident and beautiful. There are a lot of shades to choose from, so don’t feel limited by what’s traditionally recommended. Go as bold or subtle as you like – it’s up to you!